June 1-4, 2006 in the city of Odessa (Ukraine) was held the 17th Assembly of IBSC with assistance of the Municipality of Odessa and the IBSC
International Black Sea Club
is a non-governmental voluntary organization, created to strengthen business and cultural cooperation between the port cities of the Black Sea basin countries. The Club consists of 24 cities from 9 Black Sea countries.
In the 17th Assembly meeting participated representatives from Bulgaria, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine and Trans-Dniestria. As the honorable guests were present General Consul of Russia in Odessa - F. K. Dovzhenok, Member of Parliament of Turkish Republic from Trabzon City (Turkey) - Mr. Sevket Arz, Governor of Trabzon District - Mr. Huseyin Yavuzdemir, representative of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Odessa City - Mr. Y. S. Verbitskiyy, Mayor's Advisor of Kaunas City, member of executive committee of Union of Baltic Cities - Mr. Vytautas Juodagalvis.
The following issues were considered during the Assembly:
- Strategic Planning of IBSC for next two years, membership of IBSC in international
organizations and InfoDBlas Meeting, which will be held in Kavala in end of June,
- Discussion and Approval of "Trabzon Conference", which will be held in 2006
with the participation of mayors of member cities, presidents of chambers of
commerce and industry of member cities and the Ambassadors to Turkey of the states
to which our member cities belong, to discuss economic, cultural and environmental
issues of Black Sea Basin;
- Presentation of "Black Sea Encyclopedia";
- Elaboration of Spokusa Meeting, which will be held in Turkey in 2006;
- Modalities of enlargement potential of IBSC;
- Presentation of Odessa Investment Forum by the Odessa Regional State
The next IBSC
Assembly meeting will be held in Yalta, Ukraine in spring 2007.